[imp] external login again

David T-G davidtg-horde at justpickone.org
Fri Jun 20 14:11:52 PDT 2003

Hi, all --

We are trying to get external authentication working in our nascent site
and just aren't getting anywhere.  Unfortunately, there's a time
constraint involved, too; if I want to take my vacation next week I have
to get this working by tomorrow night :-/ because the client deadline for
this phase is the end of June right when [would] I get back.

The system is a RHL 7.3 system with php 4.3.2 (gettext, imap, mysql are
on but, alas, curl is not), mysql 3.23.54, horde 2.2.3 and imp 3.2.1.  We
have a web application which has users stored in a mysql db (already
extant for us) and we want imp to be our seamless email application.  It
is thus that we want to handle authentication ourselves.

Can I do the necessary magic with a link rather than a form button, since
we don't have form buttons for the other sections?

What do we need to pre-set in order to get this working?  It would be
ugly, but could we perhaps pass these are on-the-URL variables?

I'm an utter newbie to imp and horde and these questions have probably
been answered already, but I don't even know how to ask them -- or even
search for them.  Any pointers are gratefully accepted!  I expect that
these problems aren't unique to our code but instead to our density, but
if someone wants a copy of all that we have (about 300K uncompressed)
just let me know.

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg at justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.