[imp] external login again

David T-G davidtg-horde at justpickone.org
Fri Jun 20 21:17:58 PDT 2003

Hi again!

...and then David T-G said...
%
% Trying baby steps first with the basic custom_login form, we find that
% we can enter the info and hit the button but get redirected to the login

So, after lots of tracing and print()ing and stumbling, I can now use my
own email.php script (basically the custom_login.php form script) to get
directly into my mailbox with the press of a form button.  It took some
interesting wrangling, though.

I not only had to

  require_once IMP_BASE . '/lib/base.php';
  require_once IMP_BASE . '/config/servers.php';

but, as noted in <996431889.3b6458111d4d9 at www.the-triumvirate.net> from
Max Kalika on Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:38:09 -0700, also had to

  IMP::createSession() ;

because without that I get thrown to the "your session has expired" page.

Then, however, I had problems in createSession (why are there caps in the
middle of the function name but never at the front?!?) of

  Unknown error type in line 91 of file /home/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php:

because $servers was, in fact, empty at that time.  So I added it to the
globals line at the top of the function.

Surely others haven't had to do this much code hacking, right?  Going in
through the regular front door doesn't require $servers to be declared as
a global in createSession, so why should it now?  Maybe I simply need to
include() or require() another file that I've overlooked.

Not only do I need to figure out whether or not I've completely trashed
my horde+imp installation but I still need to figure out how to connect
via a link instead of a form button.  Perhaps preloading the session with
the info just as though I were coming from the mailbox page from some
other function...

TIA again & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg at justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.