[imp] require_once lines in custom login form?

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Tue Jun 24 17:32:56 PDT 2003

I'm having problems with these lines in my custom login form.

define('IMP_BASE', '<absolute path to horde>');

require_once IMP_BASE . '/lib/base.php';
require_once IMP_BASE . '/config/servers.php';

/* Set up the password encryption token. */
Secret::setKey('imp');

I've placed these lines within the function that normally prints out
the form that we use to login to webmail.  However, a page that
renders fine before these lines becomes totally blank after they're
added.  By selectively adding and removing die calls I've been able to
track down the problem to the base.php line.  Is there anything else I
have to do before calling the require on base.php?

do those lines have to go at the top of the file or in the global
scope to work?  I'm a bit stumped and I don't want to go messing with
my otherwise working system in order to track down the offending line.

I was originally having some problems with the
$GLOBALS['registry']->getParam('name')) commands in
imp/config/prefs.php, so I got rid of those calls by replacing them
with the to be retrieved text.  However, that might be a pointer to
the root problem.  The error I was getting with those calls in there
was "Call to a member function on a non-object".

Anybody have any thoughts about the cause of this problem?

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen            ted at impulse.net
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2         secabeen at pobox.com