[imp] Full IMAP support

ES enno_schulz at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 08:42:02 PDT 2003

Hi,
now I've read the RFC's regarding IMAP.
And shurely Chuck is right and Michael found an interesting idea to get
it up and running with courier
(http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/INSTALL.html#imapsend).

What I want to achive is that all incoming AND outgoing mail should be
stored on the mailserversystem (Domino), which is not the system running
  IMP!

When sending with SMTP then I would have no copy on the mailserver for
the outgoing mail (no, I would not prefer to send an additional mail
automatically to the inbox via SMTP also ;-)).
Therefore I think the way the courier server manages the sending thru a
special INBOX.Outbox folder is a good way to achieve my goal.
Furthermore it's very easy for me to get a similar functionality
integrated in my domino-mailserver mailbox-handling routines.

Now I would need some assistance how I could teach IMP to compose a
message, store it in INBOX.Drafts, copy it to INBOX.Outbox with the IMAP
functions already there with php or PEAR Net_IMAP.

Maybe this could be a general way for sending messages via an IMAP
server, because the idea of automated sending of messages out of a
special folder is extremly easy to implement for other mailservers as well.
Chuck, is this a way for coding this goal?

Greetings from Bremen, Germany
Enno