[imp] Full IMAP support

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 25 16:57:27 PDT 2003

Quoting ES <enno_schulz at gmx.net>:

> Thanks Eric.
> You're right!
> I did nor realize that it's much easier to send thru smtp and only store
> the messages to an IMAP-folder like mail/sent-mail.

Yes, that is the normal way to do it.

> Otherwise I'm totally new to IMP, therefore I don't know how to set up
> IMP to store the message to my IMAP mail/sent-mail folder with a
> standard setup after sending a message with SMTP.

The *exact* way to do this will depend on your IMP version.  So please
post your version to the list.

> How can I achieve this without coding, or is this already build in, but
> why could I not see the sent messages in my IMAP-Server mail folders?

It is a user preference, so it has to be setup by the user first, or setup
as a default preference for all users by the admin.

> Any advice would be appreciatet!

If you want to set this for yourself, go into IMP, into Options, and
then I think it is under Identities, and set the sent-mail folder name
and the checkbox for it.  If you want to set it site-wide then edit
horde/imp/config/prefs.php and set the preference values as needed.
You can lock them in prefs.php if you really want to force the point,
but I doubt that is needed in this case (but maybe, since I don't
know your needs).

> Greetings from Bremen, Germany

Thanks (Never been there, but traveled around Germany some...)

Greetings from Austin, Texas!

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics