[imp] Imp is too slow for large number of mails

rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com
Wed Jun 25 17:43:25 PDT 2003

Quoting Leonardo Fogel <leonardofogel at yahoo.com.br>:

> > > Please, is there a way to make Imp work faster?

I was having a serious performance problem with IMP CVS Head.
Check your apache error_log.  If you see something like:

[Mon Jun 16 15:04:10 2003] [notice] child pid 2097 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

then this is probably at least one of the reasons for slow performance.  In my
case
I noticed this in horde/imp/config/prefs.php:

// If you change these preferences in a production system, you will need
// to delete any horde_prefs in your preferences database

Whoever wrote this was not kidding.  Truncating the user_prefs table in the
horde database solved this particular issue for me.  Performance goes up
significantly when Apache
dont segfault :).   YMMV.  Need more info in order to help.   Apache+PHP+Mysql
likes a *lot* of ram if you have any appreciable number of users at all.  I'm
getting ready to start testing IMP with about 100 concurrent users.  Not quite
ready yet but Im almost there.

Ron