[imp] Imp is too slow for large number of mails

Leonardo Fogel leonardofogel at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jun 26 05:45:42 PDT 2003

> I was having a serious performance problem with IMP
> CVS Head.
> Check your apache error_log.  If you see something
> like:
>
> [Mon Jun 16 15:04:10 2003] [notice] child pid 2097
> exit signal Segmentation
> fault (11)

Apache looks good. I have not found that kind of error
in the logs.

> Apache+PHP+Mysql
> likes a *lot* of ram if you have any appreciable
> number of users at all.
>
> Ron

There is not any database to IMP. Users' preferences
are set on the configuration file. Only Turba access
PostgreSQL to read and save users' contacts.

The webserver has 2 processors Pentium IV and a *lot*
of memory, and, at the present moment, it runs only
IMP and Apache.