[imp] Compose Email formatting.

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Jun 26 09:34:07 PDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com wrote:

> Quoting rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com:
>

> > Thank you Michael.  That cured the problem, though at first I thought it
> > didn't,
> > until
> > I saw that it worked in Mozilla but didn't in Konqueror.  Needed to clear out
> > it's cache.
>
> You'd think that after 25 years of using computers I would learn how to write an
> email
> whose message is actually formatted correctly.  There is not a single email
> program
> I have ever used that does not break the words at the wrong spot in the line.
>
> So I have to conclude I'm an idiot because I seem to be the only person  that is
> cursed
> with this problem.  In IMP's particluar case, Im just using the default wordwrap
> setting of 80, and just typing as usual, though I do make a lot of mistakes and

The usual line wrapping limit is 74/75 characters, not 80, which might be
why your emails show up they way they do.  The problem is most
(character-based) email programs have a screen width of 80 characters, but
as soon as you reply to someone's email, it adds the "> " characters at
the beginning of the line and the width increases.

	Andy