[imp] Selecting email(s) from 'INBOX' listing, and thenforwarding is broken in new CVS.

rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com
Thu Jun 26 21:47:32 PDT 2003

Quoting cpickert <cpickert at myrgroup.us>:

>Actually, I'm quite sorry.. Michael, you were right on. Mozilla was
>blocking the pop-up but, the compose pop up's work fine.. Must be
>different ''pop up code'' behind the two, as I don't have any
'exclusions' >in my Mozilla pop-up blocker but, the compose window pops
up like a >champion every time, but sure enough the blocker icon comes up
after I >attempt a forward. Turn off blocker,fine.. Run IE, fine..

>Sorry for the confusion mates, Ron (rcooper) -- check to see if you're
>in my boat, which was, apparently, sinking. =)

Yeah, sinking was an understatement.  More like the Titanic for me:).

Yes, you were spot on.  It works OK in Mozilla.  I was using Konqueror in
KDE 3.1.2 which up until now has been working fine with the forwards.
Apparently Konqueror's so called  Java Script web pop up policy set to
'SMART'  will not allow the pop up box to appear (though compose pop up
is fine).  Setting the policy to 'Allow' or 'Ask' fixes the issue, though
when 'Ask' is selected it will _NOT_ 'ask' so long as you configure your
mail server's host+domain name into the Java Script Domain policy setup.
Still somethings changed in the Java Script.  As of this week, Konqueror
crashes more frequently where as prior to this week Konqueror crashing
while using IMP was far less frequent.  Gotta love that CVS code :).

Thanks for your help.

Ron.