[imp] Easy Spam Reporting in IMP?

misleb at onshore.com misleb at onshore.com
Fri Jun 27 10:09:05 PDT 2003

I have DSPAM (Bayesian filtering) setup on my server. You know, people
report spam to an email address and it is "learned" as being SPAM.

ANyway, I want to implement a function in IMP whereby users can easily
and quickly report the SPAM. Ideally, they would simply select all the
SPAM in their INBOX and hit a "Learn as SPAM" link and it all gets
forwarded and deleted in one easy click.

Could this function be implemented in the /etc/imp (IMP 3.2.1) config
files?

I am using POP3 so there is no chance of creating a SPAM "folder" where
people could move SPAM to and the server would periodically scan/delete
it. I imagine this solution would be simplest. Its just that I want to
discourage people from keeping mail/folders on the server by using IMAP.
Not to mention how problematic IMAP is in general.

Thanks,
-matthew