[imp] Re: compose does not close with attachments SOLVED

Charlie Reitsma reitsmac at denison.edu
Fri Jun 27 13:34:31 PDT 2003

> I need help figuring out what to look for. I can send attachments of various
> sizes but the compose window never closes. Without attachments this problem
> does not happen. I have tried both without and with vfs. No error messages
> in horde.log or apache's error_log. Since the compose window does not close
> my users are thinking the attachment is not sent. But if I send to myself in
> an alternate account I receive the message with the attachment...even before
> the compose window has timed out.

The system admin of the imap server hard set the network port to 100/full. The
Cisco switch on the other end was set to Auto/Auto. The result was 100/half set
on the switch. 100/half is really bad for saving the message/attachment in the
sent-mail folder and gets worse as the file size increases.

Charlie Reitsma
Systems Engineer