[imp] Disable certain functions

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Jul 5 21:46:09 PDT 2003

Quoting AJ <aj at mindcrash.com>:

> Hi,
>    I am looking to disable a few functions in both horde and imp.
> For imp, I want to disable the fetchmail functionality

Edit horde/imp/config/prefs.php and either set $_prefs['fetchmail_menu']
to value of zero and locked (will not disable it, only remove it from
the menu) or change the $_prefs['fetchmail_link'] array to point to
e.g. an error page (will disable it within IMP, but again not actually
remove it from direct url entry), or combine the above with changeing
the permissions on the files as you already did (will really prevent
them from being used in any way).

> and in horde I am
> looking to disable the admin functionality altogether.

Just don't define any admin users, and it is disabled.

> I have achieved this by permission changes on the various subdirs and files,
> but is there a better way to do this within the config of each component?

For the admin interface, yes.  For the fetchmail, no (but there probably
should be).

> Thanks.
> AJ

Eric Rostetter