[imp] not able to login from imp using imap to remote systems

pratik pratik at vadodaramail.net
Wed Jul 9 06:20:11 PDT 2003

  Hie i have recently upgraded my horde & imp systems to the following
packages
i am able to login to my server & check mails via imp using imap
protocles but same time if i try to login to remote systems i m unable
to connect via imap protocoles, i tried checking same by running
/horde/imp/test.php & found following errors while connecting to remote
servers can any body suggest me what can be the problem ?

  Horde Versions

    * Horde: 2.1
    * IMP: 3.1
    * Turba: 1.0
    * Nag: 1.0

    * View phpinfo() screen
      <http://mail.vadodaramail.net/horde/imp/test.php?mode=phpinfo>
    * PHP Version: 4.1.2
    * PHP Major Version: 4.1
    * PHP Minor Version: 2
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

  PHP IMAP Support Test

server="domainname.com" user="userid at domainname.com"
mailbox="{domainname.com:143}INBOX"

Warning: Couldn't open stream {domainname.com:143}INBOX in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/test.php on line 157

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/test.php on line 158
INBOX has messages ( new recent)
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/test.php on line 160
Warning: Connection failed to domainname.com,143: Connection refused
(errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

--
Pratik
Ultra Infotech

"Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."