[imp] undefined property in IMP IMAP mailbox search

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Jul 9 16:26:54 PDT 2003

Quoting Dennis Ortsen <mosaic at pinetree.nl>:

| > Are you using both a) a current version of IMP, and b) Ingo.  It
| appears
| as
| > though you have an up-to-date version of Horde, but an out-of-date
| version
| > of IMP and, worse yet, no Ingo.  IMP doesn't handle filtering anymore.

| I'm using an IMP that's about 4 to 5 months old, I''m not using Ingo
| since
| it (well, that's my impression) only supports Cyrus/Sieve filtering on
| the
| server side. Not like when you use a local email client (Eudora, OE) to
| do filtering on local mail folders.

This is incorrect.  Ingo now supports imap client-side filtering.  If using
CVS releases, you should really be subscribed to the mailing list where
this has been known information for a long time.

| I haven't checked the latest releases recently of both IMP and ingo, but
| can
| you perhaps tell me if it is possible to use ingo for "IMP filtering"
| while
| Ingo actually only supports Cyrus/Sieve filtering?

Yes.  DOwnload the newest versions of imp and ingo and read
imp/docs/INSTALL.

*Never* upgrade Horde itself (which has to be what you did in the current
case) without updating all modules because I guarantee that those modules
will stop working.

michael