[imp] compose error (unable to send data)

agullo at comtenidos.com agullo at comtenidos.com
Thu Jul 10 08:16:54 PDT 2003

I'm upgrading from Imp 3.1 to 3.2.1. After upgrade, I can read mail, but
cannot send. Composing window says "unable to send data", despite smtp
configuration is ok (same as in previous setup).

I did sniff smtp traffic to say what's going on and I found IMP is
stablishing an smtp session, say helo, mail from and mail rcpt
sequences, but it's sending 'quit' after that without actually sending
anything.

I found some post to this list months ago about the same issue but I
didn't find any reply.

Any help?
Thanx