[imp] Re: IMP Spell Check

Paulo Rocha paulorocha at megamail.pt
Sun Jul 13 04:11:20 PDT 2003

Peter de Bruine wrote:

> but that doesn't solve my problem. The problem is, when i type a new
> e-mail message and i make some spelling errors and i spell check the
> message i get a window saying there are no errors in the message. I think
> i need to set the spell check language but i can't find where i should do
> that! So how do i get this working?

I experience the same problem. But what is strange is that for some
languages it works, even though dictionaries for all of them are installed.
For instance, French and Italian works, but Spanish and English doesn't.

Tried ispell and aspell, but the problem is similar. Still haven't figured
out why...

I also think it would be good if the user could choose the language of his
Email. Now it defaults to the language chosen at login time. But a user may
write an Email in a different language, and he should not have to logout
and login again to be able to spell check it!

Paulo Rocha