[imp] IMP and filters

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jul 14 12:45:46 PDT 2003

Quoting Peter Solodov <peter at alcor.concordia.ca>:

| Hi,
|
| I don't understand the reason behind default filter's behavior.
| Currently (IMP 3.2.1) if I select multiple headers for a filter, then
| message which matches any of selected filters will be filtered.  That
| seems clearly incorrect to me.  Only messages where all selected
| headers have specified text should match that filter.
|
| Is there any reason behind that behavior?

Yes.  Only 'OR' searches are supported via the PHP imap_search() function.

You must use the HEAD version of IMP to obtain the ability to do 'AND'
searches, searching via other headers, NOT searching, etc.  (Although HEAD
still uses the imap_search() function, we use PHP code there to manipulate
the results to be able to provide these features).

michael