[imp] Certificate chain for S/Mime

Crispin Olson colson at rdemail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:27:35 PDT 2003

Folks,
Having a problem with S/Mime signing using IMP. I have a certificate in
Outlook that I successfully converted to a PEM file using openssl (btw
having something that could do this from the S/MIME certificate upload
page would be really helpful - most of our users have their certs in
Outlook).
I successfully uploaded the certificate (another suggestion again - if I
upload using a PEM file that has both public and private key, I
shouldn't need to do it twice - with the same file again for private
key) - and managed to sign an outgoing mail. In Outlook the signature
verified fine, but in IMP I get the message "Message Verified
Successfully but the signer's certificate could not be verified.". I
then cut and pasted the whole certificate chain out of the PEM file and
used that in the upload public key page - same result. Any suggestions?

Also note this is todays HEAD

Crispin Olson