[imp] Is there a limit of rules defined in the filter module in the IMP 3.1?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Jul 22 10:44:30 PDT 2003

Quoting Stanley Yuen <Stanley at itsc.cuhk.edu.hk>:

| Dear all,
|
| We are currently providing Webmail using Horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1 in our
| environment.   The server is a Dell PowerEdge 400 running Redhat 8.
|
| We recently received enquiries that, when no. of rules defined in the
| filter
| module of IMP were greater than 500, these rules would become unavailable
| users suddenly.   Even though we found that these fules were still kept
| in
| the MySQL, IMP failed to "recognize" them any more.   The only solution
| was
| to re-build it from the scratch.    However, no such problem was reported
| for users with no. of rules less than 500.
|
| Is there a limit of rules defined in the IMP 3.1?   I know that Ingo is
| available, but probably we need to upgrade it later.

Yes - check the archives as this has been discussed before.  The problem is
that your mysql storage unit is limited to 64K size limit - if the
serialized filters array is greater than this value then it gets "cut-off"
and PHP is unable to rebuild the array from the serialized data the next
time.

Solution - change the mysql type for the preferences data field to a type
that can hold a greater size limit.

michael