[imp] Is there a limit of rules defined in the filter module in the IMP 3.1?

Stanley Yuen Stanley at itsc.cuhk.edu.hk
Tue Jul 22 00:34:59 PDT 2003

Dear all,

We are currently providing Webmail using Horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1 in our
environment.   The server is a Dell PowerEdge 400 running Redhat 8.

We recently received enquiries that, when no. of rules defined in the filter
module of IMP were greater than 500, these rules would become unavailable to
users suddenly.   Even though we found that these fules were still kept in
the MySQL, IMP failed to "recognize" them any more.   The only solution was
to re-build it from the scratch.    However, no such problem was reported
for users with no. of rules less than 500.

Is there a limit of rules defined in the IMP 3.1?   I know that Ingo is
available, but probably we need to upgrade it later.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Stanley Yuen

Information Technology Services Centre,