[imp] problems with redirect on IMP Login (Urgent)

Stuart Hodgkinson (WRDCLogsys) stuarth at wrdclogsys.com
Wed Jul 23 02:05:18 PDT 2003

Hi,

Im having a problem with IMP on SuSE 8.2

Horde version 2.2.3

IMP version 3.2.1

Configured for Pop3

The problem is that when I log into IMP, type the username, password and
select my Pop3 server on clicking login the i get the following

http://servername/horde/imp/redirect.php?Horde=sessionhash-here  - Cannot
find server - The Page cannot be displayed

this is the same even if i use the IP Address for the machine.

http://192.168.0.1/horde/imp/redirect.php?Horde=sessionhash-here

Now there was an error pertaining to a session bug that needed a flag
turning of in the PHP.ini which since I have done there has been no issue
with since and the warning has gone away but I still cannot log into IMP.

If I use /horde/test.php everything comes up fine and the only error
pertains to something that's not used anymore by horde (this i discovered
from reading the list)

If I use /horde/imp/test.php this too works fine I can log into my email
server and it tells me the amount of mail waiting to be downloaded so I know
that it can log into the server and that my POP3 server is running (also the
network servers mail fine during all these tests).

What have I configured wrong? Everything seems to be ok as I followed all
the steps from the install documentation. The DNS doesn't seem to be a
problem as its there and as i explained above the IP address doesn't work
either!!!

so can someone PLEASE HELP!

Many moons ago I managed to get IMP to work on my server and now its install
magic seems to be alluding me!

thanks in advance

Stuart

(c)2002, WRDCLogsys Ltd. This message and any attachments are intended for the
stated recipient only and in no way constitutes a binding contractual
agreement, order, or commitment by WRDCLogsys Ltd ("WRDCLogsys") WHO ARE NOT TO BE BOUND
BY ANYTHING CONTAINED HEREIN. If you have received this message in error,
please return it to the sender, indicating such and then delete and destroy
all copies in your possession.