[imp] IMP Virtaul Domains

Alexánder Murillo Herrera alexander at novasitios.com
Wed Jul 23 13:37:00 PDT 2003

I am setting up IMP to work with Cyrus IMAP, the server is hosting
virtual doamins for email, the usernames have a especific format, for
example the email address theuser at mydomain.com goes to a mailbox which
user is theuser.domain.com, the email theuser at myohterdomain.com goes to
a user named theuser.myotherdomain.com, and so on.

I want a single installation of IMP to serve several virtual domains, so
I configured it to peek a server acording to the url, I did this with
the "preferred" field in the servers array in  "imp/config/servers.php"
file. I also found another field called "realm", which looks like the
one I need to get IMP to use a diferent username format for each domain.

What I would like to have is an installation where a user with an email
theuser at mydomain.com goes to the site webmail.mydomain.com and enters as
username only "theuser" and IMP completes the username to
"theuser.mydomain.com" and uses that one to log on Cyrus IMAP and to
save the preferences in the horde_prefs table in MySQL server.

In the file imp/lib/IMP.php IMP uses the "realm" parameter to get a
variable named "uniquser", and it uses it to store info in the Data
Base, but it still tries to log on Cyrus Imap as the user without the
realm part. Well it also tries to use an @ char to put the username and
the realm together.

Please someone tell me if there is a way to get IMP to use the uniquser
variable to log on Cyrus, and if there is a way to make it use the
uniquser without the @ char, just the username + realm.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alexánder Murillo H.