[imp] Zero Sized Reply

Adam Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Jul 29 08:21:10 PDT 2003

> I am experiencing a similar error however I am not using squid.  What
> happens if you bypass squid?  In my experience this only happens when I

We've had this "Zero Sized Reply" intermittantly for ages.  Squid is not
a factor.

> have more than one attachment.  Here are some other symptoms I'm having
> while sending a message with >1 attachments:

We have it when sending any kind of message.  I'll bet if you check your
log you'll see that an apache process abended.  Since multiple people
may be serviced by that one httpd, on a large network it will
simultaneously happen to several people.

I *STRONGLY* suspect this has nothing to do with Horde/IMP, it is a PHP
bug.  We've tried a myriad of things and can't squash it.

Hopefully a release of PHP/Apache will fix it someday.

You aren't alone in the "Zero Sized Reply" thing,  I've tracked down a
good number of people who experience this kind of problem.  So far no
one I've communicated with has been able to make it stop.

Replacing the date('r') calls in the message composition code to calls
to strftime(...) seems to alleviate the problem quite a but, although it
still happens occasionally.