[imp] Does IMP handle a Lack of JavaScript ?

Martin Jones mlj at sabreit.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 06:30:14 PDT 2003

> > Expected behaviour. We can determine by the browser signature if the browser
> > version supports javascript, but not if the user disabled it. Besides that,
> > some functions are simply not available if you disable javascript, though
> > the main functions should work.

> How extensive would the required code changes be ? Any pointers on where
> to start hacking ?

O.K. - just to keep you posted I just 'had a hack' - changing
horde/lib/Browser.php

============
    function hasFeature($feature)
    {
        if ($feature == 'javascript') {
                return false;
        } else {
               return (array_key_exists($feature, $this->features) &&
                !empty($this->features[$feature]));
        }
    }
============

This changed things slightly - the 'help' menu vanished completely
(excellent!) - but compose still links to

'javascript:open_compose_win('popup=1&to=&cc=&bcc=&msg=&subject=&thismailbox=INBOX');'

Is this a bug ? or have I just not hacked the right thing ? or is compose
never expected to work with non-javascript enabled browsers ?

Anyway - I shall leave this problem for the moment and stop wasting your
time before I overstratch your patience.

Thanks again for all the prompt responses and thankyou VERY much for
such an excellent program!

	Martin.