[imp] Does IMP handle a Lack of JavaScript ?

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Fri Aug 8 08:28:58 PDT 2003

> As there seems little point in returning a javascript popup URL, no matter
> what the user's preferences say if the browser doesn't support
> javascript.

It's really too bad there's no straightforward way to query the browser to see
if javascript is enabled.  It's great if we can tell if the browser supports
javascript, but if a browser supports javascript but the user has it disabled,
and Horde thinks that it should javascript.. the user experience can be less
than ideal.

Any thoughts on maybe adding a "detect javascript" feature to
horde/lib/Browser.php?  The only "good" way I found to do something like that
was to use javascript to set a cookie, and then check for the presence of that
cookie later.  I realize that this can be foiled depending on how the user has
cookie handling in their browser...

One of the problems we have IMP are the javascript dependencies
(so much so, my boss occasionally wants to revisit other webmail packages - most
specifically SquirrelMail).  Otherwise, we've been very happy w/ it.

Liam