[imp] Re: HTML composition in non-IE browsers...

Ron Cooper rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com
Mon Aug 18 23:47:43 PDT 2003

> Quoting Ron Cooper <rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com>:
>
> Let me get this straight.  The piece of code thats been in active
>development for months that we designed for imp may not even be considered >for
inclusion because it doesn't include support for a Microsoft browser?
>Hummmph.
>
> Humph? If you are so invested in this piece of code, why didn't you at least
> notify the IMP development team that you were working on it, so that we were
> aware of your intentions and able to integrate it cleanly?

I could have done a lot better job at communicating, but just got involved in
what we were doing and neglected to communicate at all. No biggie.  I'll make
the code available once it's presentable for peer review.  It works, but it
ain't pretty :-\

Then if someone wants to include it in their project fine. At any rate we will
continue to use it internally. The main reason why IE compatibility wasnt part
of the design was because we are a Linux shop.  Run a KDE and a few Gnome apps
for the most part, but try to make as much as possible web based for
portability reasons :).  Put the 800th user on line to the Imap server last
week. Managing that many users in IMP is a challenge, especially turba, but
thats another issue all together :).

There is no problem.  I understand and respect the wishes of the project
developers.  I want to _HELP_. Not create friction.  So the issue dies right
here right now.

Cheers,
Ron.