[imp] Debugging help

Charlie Reitsma reitsmac at denison.edu
Wed Aug 20 07:24:52 PDT 2003

Quoting "Eric W. Bates" <ericx_lists at vineyard.net>:

> Problem described below was fixed by deleting all preference records for user
> and allowing imp to recreate new ones. Are any of these known to be an
> issue?
>
> mysql> select * from horde_prefs where pref_uid like '%blaport%';
> +-----------------------+------------+----------------+------------+
> | pref_uid              | pref_scope | pref_name      | pref_value |
> +-----------------------+------------+----------------+------------+
> | blaporte at vineyard.net | imp        | last_login     | 1061321383 |
> | blaporte at vineyard.net | horde      | save_sent_mail |            |
> | blaporte at vineyard.net | turba      | sortby         | 1          |
> | blaporte at vineyard.net | turba      | sortdir        | 0          |
> | blaporte at vineyard.net | imp        | sortby         | 161        |
> | blaporte at vineyard.net | imp        | sortdir        | 1          |
> +-----------------------+------------+----------------+------------+
> 6 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> delete from horde_prefs where pref_uid like '%blaport%';
> Query OK, 6 rows affected (0.02 sec)
>
> mysql> select * from horde_prefs where pref_uid like '%blaport%';
> +-----------------------+------------+----------------+------------+
> | pref_uid              | pref_scope | pref_name      | pref_value |
> +-----------------------+------------+----------------+------------+
> | blaporte at vineyard.net | horde      | save_sent_mail |            |
> | blaporte at vineyard.net | imp        | last_login     | 1061322754 |
> +-----------------------+------------+----------------+------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.03 sec)
>
> mysql>
>

> > Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:41:33 -0400
> > From: "Eric W. Bates" <ericx_lists at vineyard.net>
> > Subject: [imp] Debugging help
> > To: <imp at lists.horde.org>
> >
> > This is a bizarre problem which only involves a single user and I'm looking
> for suggestions about how to debug.
> >
> > Right at login, Mozilla reports: "Page has no data".  (IE reports: "Host
> not found" which is utterly spurious...).  No other logins will work until
> the browser is closed and restarted.  But other authentications work fine (in
> both browsers).
> >
> > There are no errors in the apache error log.
> >
> > There is nothing wrong with the mail file.  POP and IMAP work fine.
> >
> > Is there any way to get imp to spew some debugging info?
> >
> > I'm running:
> >
> > FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p10
> > apache 1.3.28
> > horde 2.2.3
> > imp 3.2.1
> >
> > Thanks.

What's that sortby 161?

I'm running horde 2.2.3, imp 3.2.1, php 4.3.1, apache 1.3.27 and had one user
with similar symptom as you describe. Logs in fine. Any message being viewed
reports Page not found. Only additional options were a formal identity and sort
Descending. Segfaults in the error_log. No other users reporting problems. It
was fixed by setting up an IMAP account in Netscape 7 and viewing one of the
messages. After that imp worked fine in this account. I'm taking the advice on
the list regarding segfaults and updating PHP to 4.3.2

Charlie Reitsma
Systems Engineer