[imp] Clean install problems

Chris Swenson cswenson at students.curry.edu
Mon Aug 25 06:59:43 PDT 2003

Having received no replies to my question from last Thursday, like a good
scientist (or a monkey banging on a keyboard for a bannana) I will ask a
different one.

Situation:
1: My Apache is set up the same way I have done it on 4 other servers.
2: For other functions, Apache appears to be behaving normally. (So sayeth the
logs)
3: The php.test tells me I have installed the modules I need as listed in the
HORDE FAQ and the horde and imp install docs.
4: I have sucessfully set up horde/imp on 2 other servers over the last 3
years with mysql, turba and ispell/aspell.  This stuff is not entirely new to
me.

With the above in mind I still have the original question as listed below.

"_default_ could not be found"

Thanks for any ideas.
Chris S.

>Can anyone give me a few more words then "Apache is misconfigured"

>The web server is completely accessible from off campus, on campus, and on
>the
>local host.  The various php tests seem to show I have what is need to at
>least get imp and horde running.  From my existing horde/imp install on the
>stumail server I can access the newmail server and read mail.

>Below are the three tests from the test.php page.  Ostensibly Apache does not
>seem mis configured to me, but I am not a hard bitten coder and am new to the
>2.X breed but a long time user of 1.2,1.3 versions.

>I have the imap 2001a-15 client which is supposed to be ok with the php
>4.2.2.
>I have searched my entire year of saved messages from imp/horde/turba lists.

>PHP IMAP Support Test
>server="newmail.curry.edu" user="cswenson"
>mailbox="{newmail.curry.edu:143/imap}INBOX"

>bool(false)

Horde Versions
    * Horde: 2.2.3
    * IMP: 3.2.1 (run IMP tests)
PHP Version
    * View phpinfo() screen
    * PHP Version: 4.2.2
    * PHP Major Version: 4.2
    * PHP Minor Version: 2
    * PHP Version Classification: release
* You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities
    * DOM XML Support: Yes
    * FTP Support: Yes
    * Gettext Support: Yes
    * IMAP Support: Yes
    * LDAP Support: Yes
    * MCAL Support: No
    * Mcrypt Support: No
    * MySQL Support: No
    * PostgreSQL Support: No
    * XML Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings
    * magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
    * file_uploads enabled: Yes
    * safe_mode disabled: Yes
    * trans_sid disabled: Yes

PHP Sessions
    * Session counter: 2
    * To unregister the session: click here

PEAR
    * PEAR - Yes
    * Recent PEAR - Yes
    * Mail - Yes
    * Log - Yes
    * DB - Yes
    * Net_Socket - Yes
    * Date - No
    * Horde requires the Date_Calc class for Kronolith to calculate dates.
    * HTML_Common/HTML_Select - No
    * Horde requires the HTML_Common and HTML_Select classes only for
Kronolith 1.0 to display forms correctly.

SystemLinux daffy.perf.redhat.com 2.4.20-2.48smp #1 SMP Thu Feb 13 11:44:55
EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Build DateJun 19 2003 10:27:30

Configure Command './configure'
'--host=i386-redhat-linux'
'--build=i386-redhat-linux'
'--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu'
'--program-prefix='
'--prefix=/usr'
'--exec-prefix=/usr'
'--bindir=/usr/bin'
'--sbindir=/usr/sbin'
'--sysconfdir=/etc'
'--datadir=/usr/share'
'--includedir=/usr/include'
'--libdir=/usr/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
'--localstatedir=/var'
'--sharedstatedir=/usr/com'
'--mandir=/usr/share/man'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--prefix=/usr'
'--with-config-file-path=/etc'
'--enable-force-cgi-redirect'
'--disable-debug' '--enable-pic'
'--disable-rpath'
'--enable-inline-optimization'
'--with-bz2'
'--with-db3' '
--with-curl'
'--with-dom=/usr'
'--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin'
'--with-freetype-dir=/usr'
'--with-png-dir=/usr'
'--with-gd'
'--enable-gd-native-ttf'
'--with-ttf'
'--with-gdbm'
'--with-gettext'
'--with-ncurses'
'--with-gmp'
'--with-iconv'
'--with-jpeg-dir=/usr'
'--with-openssl'
'--with-png'
'--with-pspell'
'--with-regex=system'
'--with-xml'
'--with-expat-dir=/usr'
'--with-zlib'
'--with-layout=GNU'
'--enable-bcmath'
'--enable-exif'
'--enable-ftp'
'--enable-magic-quotes'
'--enable-safe-mode'
'--enable-sockets'
'--enable-sysvsem'
'--enable-sysvshm'
'--enable-discard-path'
'--enable-track-vars'
'--enable-trans-sid'
'--enable-yp'
'--enable-wddx'
'--without-oci8'
'--with-pear=/usr/share/pear'
'--with-imap=shared'
'--with-imap-ssl'
'--with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos'
'--with-ldap=shared'
'--with-mysql=shared,/usr'
'--with-pgsql=shared'
'--with-snmp=shared,/usr'
'--with-snmp=shared'
'--enable-ucd-snmp-hack'
'--with-unixODBC=shared'
'--enable-memory-limit'
'--enable-bcmath'
'--enable-shmop'
'--enable-versioning'
'--enable-calendar'
'--enable-dbx'
'--enable-dio'
'--enable-mcal'
'--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs'
Server APIApache 2.0 Filter Virtual Directory Supportdisabled Configuration
File (php.ini)
Path/etc/php.ini Debug Buildno Thread Safetydisabled

Quoting Chris Swenson <cswenson at students.curry.edu>:

> I get to the welcome screen, supply username and password and then
> this in a pop up,  "_default_ could not be found"  pops up.
>
> Is this in imp/config/servers.php or is it because I have not
> completely set up other dns stuff on this server.

That's a dns error, because your apache is utterly misconfigured. Also,
the "popup" is a browser dialog window.

This has nothing to do with Horde or IMP.

-chuck