[imp] Clean install problems

George Theall theall at tifaware.com
Mon Aug 25 09:06:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 09:59:43AM -0400, Chris Swenson wrote:

> With the above in mind I still have the original question as listed below.
>
> "_default_ could not be found"
> >Can anyone give me a few more words then "Apache is misconfigured"

The problem is not in how PHP was configured for building but with
Apache's notion of its server name; ie, a "dns error" Chuck stated in
his reply to you.

The solution is to either:

  o Don't use _default_ vhosts in your Apache configuration but
    instead have separate configuration sections for each of your
    virtual hosts.

  o Configure Apache with "UseCanonicalName off", which tells
    Apache to use the hostname supplied by the client (if it is)
    for the server name.

  o Modify Horde by hardcoding the server name you want instead of
    $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].

George
theall at tifaware.com