[imp] Moving Addressbooks

Curt LeCaptain lecaptainc at itol.com
Mon Aug 25 08:48:23 PDT 2003

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if there's anyway to convert a BasiliX address book to a
Turba addressbook.  I've attempted to add a record to my MySQL database
as an address, but it doesn't create an object ID and I'm not sure how
the Object ID is created.  It's not extremely mission critical that this
happens, it'd just be nice if we could move the address books over for
customers.  The other problem is that I noticed a manual insert into
this database without the Object ID breaks some functionality.  I have
Horde set to automatically open up IMP>Inbox, and as soon as I added
that addressbook entry, it no longer could open Inbox directly.  As soon
as the addressbook entry was deleted from the table, functionality was
restored.

Oh, one last important detail, BasiliX doesn't have an export option for
address books... so that's another wrench in the system.

Thanks,
Curt LeCaptain,
Systems Administrator,
Infinity Technology, Inc.