[imp] IE, compose, page not found

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Thu Sep 4 11:33:06 PDT 2003

> As I'm sure there are a lot of people using IMP with IE over ssl I
> thought maybe someone would have a solution. I've read through the list
> archives and not found anything.

I don't experience this problem and I have users with IE5, 5.5, and 6.0
running Lose2k and LoseXP.  It never hurts to ensure all browsers are
up-to-date with the latest Delirium Dis-Service Packs.

> I of course have the nokeepalive, ssl-unclean-shutdown, etc config for
> apache and MSIE, but it still does it. Too bad IE is such a pile.

Make sure you have the following in your SSL configuration context as some
variations have a version-tag in it:

BrowserMatch "MSIE" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

All of the browsers exhibit vile defects in behaviour - textarea bugs and
flakey-text-cursors afflict Mozilla Firebird for example.

The properly implemented web-browser has yet to be written.

Apollyon