[imp] fatal error upon login

Greg Petras g.petras at nyfix.com
Tue Sep 9 13:50:23 PDT 2003

Hi -

I am running RedHat 7.2 with IMP 3.0. I ran an up2date this afternoon
which updated mysql, mysql-server, and mysqlclient9 along with php-imap,
php, php-mysql, and php-ldap to the following versions:

mysql-3.23.56-1.72.i386.rpm
mysql-server-3.23.56-1.72.i386.rpm
mysqlclient9-3.23.22-8.i386.rpm
php-mysql-4.1.2-7.2.6.i386.rpm
php-4.1.2-7.2.6.i386.rpm
php-imap-4.1.2-7.2.6.i386.rpm

Anyway, I now get this error upon login:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: quote() in
/var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php on line 162

I've tried to roll back the versions of php-*, and even mysql, all to no
avail. I checked the archives - they have very similar errors listed,
but not with sql.php. I was thinking this was possibly a pear problem,
and I am running pear-4.1.0. Can anyone provide some guidance on this
for me? I set this server up a couple years ago and it hasn't had any
problems since, so I've become a bit rusty on this. I would appreciate
any help out there.

Thanks a lot,

Greg