[imp] setting newmail checking default.

Robert Sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Tue Sep 9 15:29:25 PDT 2003

Hi all,

we are having a problem with our imap servers getting swamped by our imp
server.  I'd like to set the newmail checking to every 5 minutes by
default.  Is there a way to do this?  Also is there any known problems
with running imp on a 4 processor Xeon box?  We have put 8 imap servers
up and the system gets swamped at 200 connections.  We are running
Redhat 8 with updates and CVS head of horde and imp.  We are not running
the Zend php accellerator at this time but may.

The system was doing very well for our spring semester but when we
changed the imp server to a 4 processor box from a 2 processor box.

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at d.umn.edu
University of Minnesota, Duluth
144 MWAH
218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
 Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.