Fwd: Re: [imp] viewing css imbedded email

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Sep 17 14:14:57 PDT 2003

----- Forwarded message from brent at bitrealm.com -----
    Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:03:09 -0700
    From: Brent Olson <brent at bitrealm.com>
 Subject: Re: [imp] viewing css imbedded email
      To: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting ImpUser <impuser at bitrealm.com>:
>
> | I was running horde/imp (2.1/3.1) and could not view any text in a
> | particular
> | email.  I just upgraded to horde/imp (2.2.4/3.2.2) and now I can view
the
> | contents of the mail, but it doesn't display correctly.
> |
> | You can download the single-message offending mailbox at:
> |
> | http://www.bitrealm.com/junk/mailbox
>
> This is a multipart/alternative e-mail.  IMP 3.2.2 doesn't handle these
> messages very well, while IMP HEAD handles them flawlessly.  If you want
> be able to view these messages as intended, you need to upgrade to the
> development versions.
>
> michael

I suspected as much, and yesterday tried out the CVS versions of all the
modules.  Some of it is pretty neat!  I got my php updated with all the
various
support needed, and got the pear components installed for the latest
horde/imp.

The message does indeed display mostly correct now, though if I try inline
html
it runs my server up to 100% cpu load and never returns.  Running with html
inline off and then clicking the attachment works, however.  I am using a
mysql
database for the preferences back end and noticed that the cvs version
didn't
pick up my identities or address book.  I can add new ones no problem.  Did
the
schema change for the turba address book and the identities within imp?

----- End forwarded message -----