[imp] Login without a mailbox

Richard Gilbert R.Gilbert at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Sep 18 10:41:34 PDT 2003

We use LDAP for authentication to our Cyrus IMAP server.  All our
users are in the LDAP server but not all our users have mailboxes on the
IMAP server.  Users without a Cyrus mailbox are still able to login
via our IMP Webmail service and are presented with an empty mailbox.  Now
that a link to Webmail is being offered from a portal the chances of
people logging in to Webmail by mistake and being confused are greatly
increased.  Can anyone suggest a simple solution to this?

We are using horde-2.2.3/imp-3.2.1.

TYIA

Richard
--
Richard Gilbert
Corporate Information and Computing Services