[imp] Login without a mailbox

alois blasbichler alois.blasbichler at sb-brixen.it
Fri Sep 19 00:06:57 PDT 2003

Zitat von Richard Gilbert <R.Gilbert at sheffield.ac.uk>:

> We use LDAP for authentication to our Cyrus IMAP server.  All our
> users are in the LDAP server but not all our users have mailboxes on the
> IMAP server.  Users without a Cyrus mailbox are still able to login
> via our IMP Webmail service and are presented with an empty mailbox.  Now
> that a link to Webmail is being offered from a portal the chances of
> people logging in to Webmail by mistake and being confused are greatly
> increased.  Can anyone suggest a simple solution to this?
>
> We are using horde-2.2.3/imp-3.2.1.
>
> TYIA
>
> Richard
> --
> Richard Gilbert
> Corporate Information and Computing Services
> University of Sheffield, Sheffield, S10 2TN, UK
> Phone: +44 114 222 3028   Fax: +44 114 222 3040

use a filter for pam_ldap like :
in /etc/pam.d/imap :
auth    sufficient      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so config=/etc/openldap/ldap_im
ap.conf
auth    required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account sufficient      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so config=/etc/openldap/ldap_im
ap.conf
account required        /lib/security/pam_unix.so

and in =/etc/openldap/ldap_imap.conf aktivat an filter :

pam_filter objectclass=hordePerson

luis