[imp] I get an iexplorer error Logging on in IMP

adrian croitoru croitorualias at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:40:47 PDT 2003

Hi everyboy, I hope someone can help me to solve my problem when I try to
log on in the WebMail IMP.

I´m using IMP 3.2.2 and Horde 2.2.3 on RedHat 9.

First of all, i´m just configuring IMP to work in my intranet so I just need
on network device, let´s say 10.0.0.14

At the beginning, I configured IMP as it says in the Installation guide from
Horde and it worked. Later on, i tried to
configure Apache with SSL encryption, these are the modules installed in my
server:

- mod_ssl-2.0.40-21
- openssl-0.9.7a-5
- httpd-2.0.40-21

I only had to install mod_ssl, the other two were already installed.

I changed the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and /etc/httpf/conf.d/ssl.conf in
order to fulfill the requiremets of SSL encryption

in httpd.conf, the following line:

NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.14:443

in ssl.conf:

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.14:443>
	ServerAdmin root at Localhost
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html/mail/horde/imp
	ServerName mail.example.com
	ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/mail/error_log
	CustomLog /var/log/httpd/mail/access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

Then I can access to the IMP login page:  https://mail.example.com

Even When I log on with a right user and bad password, it says: "session
could´t be opened, bad username/passwd" but if I
logon with right user and passwd, Internet Explorer shows a message like
this : "The page cannot be displayed" - Couldn´t
find server or DNS error.

I guess It has to be some error with my DNS BIND server (also my apache,
sendmail and mysql server), however I has already
created the mail.example.com zone with the following entries:

DNS Server entry:
	Zone name -> example.com
        Name server -> myRealNameServer

Mail Server entry:
	Name -> myRealNameServer.example.com
	Mail Server -> myRealNameServer

Address entries:
	192.168.0.3  mail.example.com
                192.168.0.3  myRealNameServer.example.com

Please, I need help urgently! thanks a lot if anybody can help me.

Xavier.