[imp] OT: IMP mailing list and Wrom:

Tony Basoglu tonyb at null.net
Fri Sep 26 05:24:53 PDT 2003

If one takes a moment to look thru the Imp archives, you will find
many posts that contain a piece of corruption (a Wrom line)
examples:
http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20020527/022222.html
http://www.ultraviolet.org/mail-archives/imp.2002/7344.html
http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20020610/022603.html
http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20020121/017453.html

I have been trying to search high and low and google for what causes
this corruption but have not been able to find any answers.

Can anyone point me to a suitable reference where I can find:
a) what causes these replies (From: lines) to get corrupted into Wrom
lines
b) what can be done to correct them.

This problem seems to exist in many webmail as well as message board
type of products.

Searching thru google for "Wrom:" gives many examples of this problem
that have ocurred in posts in many areas but no solution or
explanation :-(

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide,
TonyB