[imp] imp auth using cyclic credentials

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Sep 30 13:23:57 PDT 2003

Quoting Tobias Drewry <tdrewry at bu.edu>:

> This poses a problem with the imp authentication scheme in that the
> credentials are expired and imp then prompts the user to login in again
> via a horde login.  I've picked over all the locations which I could think
> of to force usage of our server vars for re-authentication, however I've
> been unsuccessful in finding a standard location.

Seems like you shouldn't let your custom auth class expire logins - just look
for the new credentials. I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem correctly,
though.

> So, finally my question: Is there any way to enable this sort of Auth
> scheme without editing nearly all of the imp php scripts?  If so, can you
> give me some pointers as to where to go and what to edit.  Obviously I'm
> very interested in keeping the install cvs compatible.

It should be doable, but see above. Also, what version of IMP/Horde are you
using?

> and finally.. while this may be off list topic, Since setting up http
> auth, I've lost the side bar menu.  However, once I'm in imp and click on
> any of the buttons *other then refresh* the sidebar loads... wacky.

I'm not sure why you're getting it to load after, but this is because of how
transparent authentication works, and there isn't really a way around it. I'd
take a look at the work I've done recently on the http auth driver to allow it
to actually process logins, and set a loginscreen that reads your credentials,
and use that, instead of the transparent auth.

Btw, hello across the river. :) (I live in Somerville and work in Cambridge)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Born right the first time.