[imp] Attachment size - works for 1M, not for 2M

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Tue Sep 30 13:41:45 PDT 2003

Hello all

I'm having this REALLY weird problem that I can't really put my finger
on.

When I try to send a 1MB attachment via IMP (3.1), it works fine.

When the attachment is 2MB, the file gets "attached" (uploaded)
successfully and put to disk (I can verify this by looking at the file
that gets created as impattXXXXXX).

However, when I try to actually send the e-mail, it fails.

All the PHP parameters for post size and upload size are above 8M (post
is greater than upload by a cpl of megs).

Does anyone have an idea as to why this would be the case - and any
solutions?

It doesn't seem to be PHP configuration, otherwise the upload would fail
- rather than sending the e-mail, right?

Script memory size also should be large enough (bumped it up to 24Megs
for testing).

Best
* Diego Rivera                                            *
* "The Disease: Windows, the cure: Linux"                 *
* E-mail: lrivera<AT>racsa<DOT>co<DOT>cr                  *
* Replace: <AT>='@', <DOT>='.'                            *
* GPG: BE59 5469 C696 C80D FF5C  5926 0B36 F8FF DA98 62AD *
* GPG Public Key avaliable at: http://pgp.mit.edu         *