[imp] IMP 3.2.2 and special characters in folder names

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.de
Mon Oct 6 06:39:25 PDT 2003

> The folder name conversion is done in IMP::utf7(en|de)code() in
> lib/IMP.php.
>
> The strange thing is that the folder name you get is a UTF-8 string but we
> don't support UTF-8 in IMP 3.x at all. How does this folder appear in other
> clients? The same?

Oh, I had some other issues with this too with my Tomcat setup.
Redhat changed the default encoding to UTF-8 since Redhat 8.0

If your system is a RedHat system and /etc/sysconfig/i18n looks like this:

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

change the "UTF-8" to "ISO-8859-1" and reboot.

Thomas