[imp] Attachment problem.

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Sat Oct 11 02:36:59 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 21:09, System Admin Mail Account wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Since this upgrade attachments are not working correctly. The attachment
> appears in the list (within the Compose windows) but when the message is sent
> the attachment is not sent properly. The MIME headers of the attachment are in
> the message but no actual content. In addition the impattxxxxx file remains in
> the /tmp directory.

If the file remains it most likely is a difference between your
upload_tmp_dir settings in php.ini and the corresponding $conf['tmpdir']
settings in horde/config/horde.php.  They should both "point" to the
same place (I believe by default they are, but you may have to put the
same value in both places just to be sure).

On the other hand you may be running into the same problem as I have:
try sending smaller files (i.e., 10k, 20k, etc) to see if they're
attached correctly.  Then larger files.

The problem I'm having is that after a certain size, the memory_limit
requirements to handle that size of attachment go WAAAAY off the roof -
and if you run into the same thing it would most likely nail it as a PHP
memory leak somewhere.

To give you an idea of what I found: I needed close to 80 megs to send a
7 meg file!!!  Ludicrous - BIG bug somewhere...I think it's PHP, but
can't be 100% sure at this time.

> Can anyone shed any light on what might be causing this and which settings /
> permission etc I should check.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phil.

I hope that helps.  Please keep me updated on your progress as I'm
interested in seeing if others run into the same memory issue as me, to
pool our efforts and see if we can find and fix the problem.

Best

* Diego Rivera                                            *
* "The Disease: Windows, the cure: Linux"                 *
* E-mail: lrivera<AT>racsa<DOT>co<DOT>cr                  *
* Replace: <AT>='@', <DOT>='.'                            *
* GPG: BE59 5469 C696 C80D FF5C  5926 0B36 F8FF DA98 62AD *
* GPG Public Key avaliable at: http://pgp.mit.edu         *