[imp] Sending Mail

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Oct 14 09:53:05 PDT 2003

Quoting maca02 at atlas.cz:

| > My ISP forces me to authenticate at their SMTP relay - when I try to
| > send a message via IMP, I received the following error:
| >
| > There was an error sending your message: unable to add recipient
| > [mrogers at rasses.com]: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of
| allowed
| > rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
| >
| > Are there configuration settings to add a username and password for IMP
| > to use when connecting to the SMTP server?

In config/horde.php (for Horde 2.x) or config/conf.php (in Horde HEAD), use
the following to configure SMTP:

$conf['mailer']['params'] = array(
     /* The server to connect to. DEFAULT: localhost */
     'host' => 'smtp.example.com',
     /* The port to connect to. DEFAULT: 25 */
     'port' => 25,
     /* The local hostname / domain. DEFAULT: localhost */
     'localhost' => localhost,
     /* Use SMTP authentication?  DEFAULT: No (false) */
     'auth' => false,
     /* The username to use for SMTP authentication. */
     'username' => null,
     /* The password to use for SMTP authentication. */
     'password' => null,
);

michael