[imp] IMP & virtual doman problems + sendmail

Peter Steen steen at ing-steen.se
Wed Oct 22 13:18:35 PDT 2003

Hi!

I have a problem with horde/imp used in a situation with virtual domains.
I have tried all I find on internet to fix the following:
When loggin into the webbmail(horde/imp) I have a drop down menu with
availeble domains. All works the user can login and the domain seems to be
selected.
Further when writing mail the From: user at virtualdomain.com show up correctly and
no complains show up. In /var/log/maillog all looks good, there is mail sent
from yser at virtualdomain.com
but when mail is recieved mysterious things happens. The mail From:
user at standarddomain.com now show up
and in the mailheader this from address also show up, plus the fact that For:
user at virtualdomain.com
also shows up.

I have tried to manipulate with sendmail /etc/mail/* files to fix this, but
FAIL. I am aware about that sendmail parses user and domain through this files
in different ways depending on user running sendmail imp/horde
sessions. Left is to start djuming into the world of PHP programming and
rewrite horde/imp code that seems
to lack somthing here, but I am not a programmer. Is there some tip anyone can
give before we have to select another webbmailsystem ?

Thank you in advance!