[imp] Problems with multiple language mailbox view (CVS)

Ahmed ashihab at alcahest.com
Fri Oct 24 15:17:31 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've had a stanble CVS version of Horde+friends for the past few months that
was capable of displaying multiple language messages and subject lines
quite correctly in both the mailbox view and the message itself.

In last night's and tonight's CVS update this behavour has broken. Now I see
?s in the subject line instead of the characters of the intended language
and the message body is gibberish with the "this message was written in a
character set that is different..... click here to view...." when you click
on the message it gets displayed as gibberish once again.

it almost looks like the utf-8 encoding is not working.

The language in question is arabic with Windows-1256 encoding, it is
correctly read by horde (CVS from 1 week ago) and outlook 2000.

I presume this is not the intended behaviour?

BTW: if anyone wants a sample message I can send one privately along with a
picture of the correct view.

Ahmed...