[imp] What does the horde_users table do?

James Whittington jwhittington at excelorant.com
Wed Oct 29 08:07:31 PST 2003

What does the horde_users table do?
Okay I bit confused here, I've been using horde for around a year now,
currently at version 2.2.3 running on a RedHat 7.3 box using mysql as
the database.  Basically horde and IMP pop the local server and
everything works great, users have personal address books and
distribution lists in turba.

What I'm a bit confused about is the significance of the horde_users
table.
Every time I would add a email account I would set up a local unix
account and password then add that same user with MD5'ed password to the
horde_users table.  What I have stumbled across now is the fact that I
can leave a new user out of the horde_users table and everything seems
to work anyway.

Did I misconfigure something, or I am just totally missing the point or
both :<).

As usual please forgive my ignorance, many open source projects have
matured to the point where people are able to implement them before they
really know what they are doing.  I hopefully sit somewhere between
ignorance and enlightenment..

James Whittington
Systems Administrator

Excelorant, LLC