[imp] Spam Filter not working with IMP

Mark mark_weinstock at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 08:12:50 PST 2003

I recently installed POPFile, a spam filter, in front of my SMTP
server (internet-->POPFile-->Mailserver-->Client)

When I send mail from a standard mail client, it goes through just
fine. But when I try to send via IMP, I get "There was an error
sending your message: unable to connect to smtp server localhost:25"
from IMP/compose and a similar message in the log file.

My setup:
WinNT 4.0
Apache2.0.47
PHP 4.3.2
Horde 3.0-old CVS
IMP 4.0-old CVS (IMAP config)

I get this same error in a more recent CVS version as well. I've
changed every instance of "localhost" I could find in the configs to
the IP address of the server, but I still get this error. Any ideas,
or more info I can provide?

Thanks,

Mark

=====