[imp] Spam Filter not working with IMP

Mark mark_weinstock at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 08:58:11 PST 2003

--- Michael Yingbull <mbull at uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> Mark, do you have IMP using Sendmail to send the outgoing mail, or
> is it
> set to use a SMTP connection to your outbound mail server?

Michael,

It is set to my SMTP server, which is located on the same box as the
web server. if I telnet from that box to localhost on port 25, I get
the proper SMTP serveer response. I receive mail just fine as well.
What's truly bizarre is that I tested mail with Outlook Express on
the same machine, and that works just fine with no configuration
change. But something I did broke IMP.

Mark

=====
Mark Weinstock