[imp] Spam Filter not working with IMP

Michael Yingbull mbull at uoguelph.ca
Thu Oct 30 09:17:17 PST 2003

>It is set to my SMTP server, which is located on the same box as the
>web server. if I telnet from that box to localhost on port 25, I get
>the proper SMTP serveer response. I receive mail just fine as well.
>What's truly bizarre is that I tested mail with Outlook Express on
>the same machine, and that works just fine with no configuration
>change. But something I did broke IMP.

Hello Mark:
(Of course it's set to your SMTP server, given that error message...
bear with me. :-))

Are you running any accelerator software?  It does seem to still be
trying to use localhost.   Some accelerator software won't pick up on
config file changes, as they check the date on the source .php file, not
the include files.     If you're using something like phpa or the like,
delete the cache files and they'll rebuild (changing the date stamp on
the .php file being run will also do it, but forcing a cache object
rebuild isn't a particularly bad thing).

Get windows to do a search for any file containing "localhost" in your
directory tree?