Fw: [imp] using postgresql as the sessionhandler for IMP

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 30 14:43:57 PST 2003

Quoting Ryan Chaney <tech at ipsolutions.net.nz>:

> How do you setup postgresql to be the sessionhandler for IMP?

Should be in the archives...

> What are the
> advantages over using PGSQL instead of sess* files?

You can use multiple web servers in a load balance setup with a sql database
for the sessions.  With files, you can't reliably do that (though you can
try with something like NFS, but it is less reliable).

> At the moment the
> session files are being stored my disk and not being deleted when the users
> log out. This setup would probably be ok if the files were deleted when the
> users logged out. I have tried doing this via the documentation in horde but
> with no luck.

Make sure your garbage collection settings are reasonable.  And/Or run a
cron/scheduled job to delete old session files.

> any ideas?

Yes. ;)

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics